Our Proactive Approach to Preventing Coronavirus Spreading

Update 11th May 2020

Following last night’s broadcast by the Prime Minister, Park Cliffe remains closed by law for all owners, accommodation, touring and camping.

Now is still the time to Stay Home and not to visit the Lake District.

We have issued refunds or credit notes to all our guests with bookings to the end of August.

We regularly discuss the current situation and how we will manage a phased and progressive route out of lock down.

We hope you are all safe and well and look forward to welcoming you back to the Lakes when the time is right.

Message from Park Cliffe 22 March 2020

These are unprecedented times. We all have a responsibility to consider not just ourselves but to the people of our country, the local community and on this park.

We are having to make decisions and take actions which were unimaginable a few weeks ago to help to stop the spread of COVID-19.

We are closing Park Cliffe on Monday 23rd March 2020 until further notice.

Thank goodness for the announcements of support which have come from Government which should help many to be ready to resume business just as soon as the crisis passes.

We are not accepting any new guests arriving with tourers, motorhomes, tents or staying in rental accommodation after Monday 23rd March 2020.  Guests staying with us currently should arrange to depart by Thursday 26th March 2020.   We will not be accepting future 2020 bookings at this time until the position is clearer.  We hope to have bookings open for the 2021 season in the next few weeks.

 We will be contacting all customers who have a 2020 booking with us.  Initially we will be contacting those with an arrival date in the next 4 weeks.  We would be grateful for the support of customers requesting a transfer of date or a credit note in preference to a refund.  Bookings can be transferred to the 2021 season and any credit notes will be valid for the 2021 season.  Please bear with us, as we expect a high volume of calls and emails.

Over the last 24 hours, there has been an increasing and understandable concern in local communities towards the owners of second homes and caravans, as well as holiday visitors. The government’s clear guidance is that there must be no unnecessary or non-essential travel.

We ask private owners and seasonal touring customers who are not on the park not to come here, and if you are on the park please depart by Thursday 26th March 2020. We are following the Government’s guidance so closing to protect you and wider society.  We will be contacting all private owners and seasonal touring customers shortly and would ask to wait for this communication before further questions.

I urge you to co-operate at this difficult time please.

Personally the situation is deeply upsetting for all at Park Cliffe and we are grateful to those we have spoken to today for their support and cooperation.

We’d like to thank our staff and customers for helping us through these last few weeks and we look forward to welcoming you and your families back to Park Cliffe in the future.

Best wishes to you and your families.

Susan, Derek, family & staff



For up to date information please consult the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public