Our range of 14 camping pods enable you to experience Lake District glamping at it best. All you need to bring is your camping gear – minus the tent! They offer a great experience, especially for those who want a bit more comfort.
We have five different types of pods located across the park. We’re confident that you’ll find one to fit your family’s needs.
Standard Camping Pods – Dog Friendly
Each pod has plenty of headroom and provides ample space for 2 adults, 1 small child and 1 dog. The Pods have vinyl flooring, a double socket with a light and small heater. A small deck at the front provides a sitting area. The standard pods are situated on Ghyllside, this area is across a minor road from the main park. Please note that no beds are fitted to these pods and the use of camp beds or airbeds is recommended.
Standard Camping Pods – Pet Free
Each pod has plenty of headroom and provides ample space for 2 adults and 2 small children. The Pods have a carpeted floor, a double socket with a light and small heater. A small deck at the front provides a sitting area. The standard pods are situated on Ghyllside, this area is across a minor road from the main park. Please note that no beds are fitted to these pods and the use of camp beds or airbeds is recommended.
Family Camping Pods – Pet Free
If you need more space for the family why not book one of our larger family pods, they have plenty of headroom and provides ample space for 2 adults and 3 young children, alternatively could accommodate 4 adults. The Pods have an interior light as well as external lighting, a carpeted floor and a double socket with a small heater.
One family pod is tucked away in an idyllic location by the side of the beck on the main park adjacent to the main camping area. The remaining are situated on Ghyllside, both with views of the lake and fells. Please note that no beds are fitted to these pods and the use of camp beds or airbeds is recommended.
Family Plus Camping Pods – Pet Free
These are the same size as the Family Pods but have 2 single beds and 2 single fold out foam mats, accommodating up to 4 people. The Pods have interior lighting, outside light, carpet at the rear where the 2 fold out mats are and vinyl flooring to the front where the single beds are. Underfloor heating and a double socket.
Premier Camping Pods – Pet Free
We have 2 larger T-shaped pods. In addition to the usual features of a carpeted floor, lighting, sockets, they also have a double bed and a set of bunks beds (full size singles) complete with 4″ foam camping mats, a trundle bed, hanging rail for clothes (please bring hangers), plenty of coat hooks and a small heater. Both Premier Pods have lovely views of Lake Windermere. These pods are also situated on Ghyllside.
Benefits of staying in a Camping Pod
- Pods are already set up when you get there – just move in and make yourself at home.
- Avoids the adverse effects of driving rain and wetness – no need to take down and dry wet tents.
- More privacy and security through lockable doors.
- All the benefits of an insulated structure in winter and summer.
- A massive hit with kids – it’s a ‘den’ thing.
- All our pods are made locally in the Lyth Valley near Bowness on Windermere.
Reminders for when you’re on the park
- For your safety and security and to minimise noise the Park gates are locked at 11pm and open at 7.30am. If you are out late, vehicles can be parked just outside the main gate. Then please tip-toe back to your pitches, remembering as you walk past tents and pods to have consideration for fellow visitors who may be asleep.
- We cater primarily for families, couples and singles, and have a ‘all quiet after 11pm’ rule so that everyone can enjoy a quiet night’s sleep. Remember voices can carry (especially when on a mobile phone).
- There’s no loud music allowed at any time – we are not a music festival and for some guest’s loud music can spoil their peace and relaxation.
- Our reception is open from 8.30am to 9pm (6pm low season). If you require assistance outside of these times contact the Duty Warden. Please check the notice on the reception door as where to locate them.
- Check availability and book online.
- Telephone bookings are accepted using most debit/credit cards.
- Bookings accepted from couples and families only. We reserve the right not to accept group bookings. Please ring the park direct.
- 2020 bookings – please note gazebos, event shelters and similar structures will not be permitted to be erected by the camping pods or on camping pitches on Ghyllside.
- Please see our full details of Park Rules and Booking Terms and Conditions. All bookings are made subject to both Park Rules and Booking Terms and Conditions.
Take a tour around our Camping Pods…
You can enter some of the pods to look inside them.
Max persons Dog Friendly Standard Pod, 2 adults, 1 dog.
Max persons Standard Pod, 2 adults and 1-2 small children
Max persons Family Pod, 2 adults and 3 children or 4 adults.
Max persons Premier Pod, 2 adults and 3 children.
Check in time from 2pm, departure by 11am.
The park is open from 1st March until 15th December 2019 (pods only)
If you would like a touch of luxury during your stay, why not hire one of our private bathrooms for your own personal use. These cost just £14.00 per night.
Pod’n’Pedal Sustainable holidays in The Lake District for the bike lover
Three of the Lake District’s best campsites have joined forces to offer a new cycling holiday experience. Two days cycling through some of the best countryside in the UK coupled with three nights staying in Camping Pods overlooking three different lakes.
Tariffs & Seasons
|Tariffs||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season|
2 adults, 1 car for a Standard Pod (dog friendly)
2 adults, 1 car for a Family Pod
2 adults, 1 car for a Family Plus Pod
2 adults, 1 car for a Premier Pod
Camping Pod Season
|Extra Charges||Price per night|
|Extra Child (5-17yrs)||£3.00|
|Boat / Jetski / Trailer||£10.00|
|Minimum Stay Periods||No. of Nights|
|All Bank Holidays||3|
All other times are usually a 2 night minimum stay.
Ice packs can be frozen in reception, and we have frozen blocks that can be borrowed whilst yours are freezing down. No charge for this service.
Check in time is normally from 2pm.
Please check at reception, as it will depend on what arrivals we have that day.
Due to the position of the park, with hills around us, TV reception can be variable, especially when it is windy. We have gone digital.
There are sockets in the shower blocks. Hairdryers are available to borrow (£10 deposit required) from Reception. We also have hairdryers in the ladies shower blocks.
This has all the same facilities as the private bathrooms, and also has a baby bath. This is available for 45 minutes per booking, for a £10 returnable deposit. We just ask that you clean it after use, leaving it in the same condition as you would wish to find it.
Sorry but no open fires are permitted.
Yes BBQs are fine, but must be raised off the grass. Stands are available in reception if required for a £5 returnable deposit.
We would ask you to leave it on the track rather than on the grass especially if the ground is wet. If you are bringing more than 1 car, the second one should be parked on the car park. Commercial vehicles must be parked in the car park.
We cannot control the weather, so no refunds are given for early departures.
Yes, there is a 6amp supply. Pods come with a light and small heater. Pods are not suitable for cooking in, which must be done outside. Please use the gravel area outside for your BBQ’s, NOT THE DECK. BBQ stands are available for a small deposit at Reception.
There is insufficient power for a kettle or toaster, a travel kettle (750w) is fine.
Yes. They are welcome to stay in our dog friendly standard camping pods. These pods accept up to 2 adults, 1 small child and 1 dog.
No, the showers are free of charge and are open all the time.
Included in the private bathrooms there is:
- a full size bath with shower attachment, (shower attachment is for rinsing only, it is not a stand-up shower).
- drying rack
They are exclusively for the use of the hirer, and personal belongings can be left safely, as only the hirer has a key. They cost £14 per night.
Standard pods have plenty of headroom and with a floor area of 2.1m x 2.7m providing ample space for 2 adults and even 1-2 small children. The family pod has a floor area of 2.3m x 3.5m providing ample space for 2 adults and 3 children or 4 adults. Both these pods do not have beds, the use of airbeds is recommended.
The family plus pods are the same size as the family pods but have 2 single beds with foam mattresses and 2 fold out foam mattresses and underfloor heating, accommodating 4 persons.
Premier pods provide ample space for 2 adults and 3 children, they are spacious inside and have a double bed, a set of bunks (complete with 4″ camping mats) and a rollaway trundle bed (overall size 4.35m x 2.8m). There is a hanging rail for clothes (please bring hangers).
All but one family pod are situated on Ghyllside (across a minor road from reception and the facilities).