Book one of our touring pitches and relax and enjoy the beautiful Lake District. Located in the heart of the National Park our campsite is on the side of the fell, nestled between Lake Windermere and beautiful Moor How. We’re proud to be renowned as one of the best caravan parks in The Lake District.
Hard standing pitches
On the park all our modern hard standing pitches have been tastefully landscaped into the rural surroundings. They are maintained to high standard so on arrival you can expect to roll up to a spotlessly clean base for your holiday.
We have installed a comprehensive free Wi-Fi network across the park. So whichever pitch you are on you can be assured of being able to stay connected to the internet (or not if you’d prefer!) at no extra cost.
Easy access to the fells
Most of our motorhome and touring caravan pitches have stunning views of Moor How, which is easily accessible through the children’s playground. This relatively small hill (229m) affords spectacular views over Lake Windermere and to the Langdales beyond. It’s well worth to climb to the top to enjoy a picnic or watch a stunning sunset.
For more on the walks in the area, please visit our reception. Our staff will be happy to give help and advice. Alternatively visit our Things to Do section where you can find lots of information about what to see and where to go whilst on holiday in the Lake District.
Reminders for when you’re on the park
- For your safety and security and to minimise noise the Park gates are locked at 11pm and open at 7.30am. If you are out late, vehicles can be parked just outside the main gate. Then please tip-toe back to your pitches, remembering as you walk past tourers, tents and pods to have consideration for fellow visitors who may be asleep.
- We cater primarily for families, couples and singles, and have a ‘all quiet after 11pm’ rule so that everyone can enjoy a quiet night’s sleep. Remember voices can carry (especially when on a mobile phone).
- There’s no loud music allowed at any time – we are not a music festival and for some guest’s loud music can spoil their peace and relaxation.
- Our reception is open from 8.30am to 9pm (6pm low season). If you require assistance outside of these times contact the Duty Warden. Please check the notice on the reception door as where to locate them.
- Telephone bookings are accepted using most debit/credit cards. A deposit of £30.00 is required (non-refundable) to secure a booking with the balance due 28 days prior to arrival.
- Advance bookings are necessary during holiday periods. Book online to secure one of our Moor How touring pitches. Full payment is required at the time of booking.
- One night bookings are generally not accepted.
- Bookings accepted from couples and families only. We reserve the right not to accept group bookings. Please ring the park direct.
- Please see our full details of Park Rules and Booking Terms and Conditions. All bookings are made subject to both Park Rules and Booking Terms and Conditions.
Take a tour around our Touring Caravan and Motorhome pitches…
Park Cliffe is open from 1st March until 10th November 2019 for touring and camping (pods available until mid December).
Check in after 2pm, departure by 12noon.
Please note hard ground awning/tent pegs are required. Where electric hook-up is provided customers must provide their own leads.
We have four private bathrooms which are available for hire at £14.00 per night. We also have one bathroom available on an hourly basis, at no charge.
Pitches are available from 2pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 12 noon on the day of departure. Prices are per night.
Tariffs & Seasons
|Tariffs||Low Season||Mid Season||High Season|
Hardstanding Pitch for a Touring Caravan, Motorhome or Trailer Tent including 2 persons, car, electric (10amps), water
Excluding school holidays and June to August touring caravans can be left unoccupied midweek (Sun-Thur) for £7.00 per night, maximum stay 2 weeks.
|Extra Charges||Price per night|
|Extra Child (5-17yrs)||£3.00|
|Boat / Jetski / Trailer||£10.00|
|Minimum Stay Periods||No. of Nights|
|May Day weekend||3|
|August Bank Holiday||3|
All other times are usually a 2 night minimum stay.
The 3 Lakes Tour
Ullswater, Derwentwater and Windermere are all combined in this three-night lake-lovers break which has been created by ourselves and our friends at The Quiet Site and Castlerigg Hall.
The 3 Lakes Tour is on offer to small/medium campervan owners, those bringing a tent or hiring a camping pod. For details click here.
All are gravel hard standing with their own electric, water and drainage.
You need hard ground or rock pegs. We do not allow awnings on the grass.
10amp for touring pitches, 6amps for the camping pitches on Ghyllside (note: a 6amp electric supply is suitable for lighting, recharging devices and providing supplies to small appliances such as a travel kettle (750w).
Check in time is normally from 2pm.
Please check at reception, as it will depend on what arrivals we have that day.
There are sockets in the shower blocks.
We do have seasonal pitches; please ask the office for availability. Our season is March to mid November.
Check in time is normally from 2pm.
Yes, we are a dog friendly holiday park and welcome all well behaved dogs. They must be kept on leads and although we don’t allow dogs in the bar/restaurant area, we do have a lovely outdoor terrace area where your canine friends are more than welcome.
Due to the position of the park, with hills around us, TV reception can be variable, especially when it is windy. We have gone digital.
This has all the same facilities as the private bathrooms, and also has a baby bath. This is available for 45 minutes per booking, for a £10 returnable deposit. We just ask that you clean it after use, leaving it in the same condition as you would wish to find it.
We cannot control the weather, so no refunds are given for early departures.
No, the showers are free of charge and are open all the time.
Included in the private bathrooms there is:
- a full size bath with shower attachment, (shower attachment is for rinsing only, it is not a stand-up shower).
- drying rack
They are exclusively for the use of the hirer, and personal belongings can be left safely, as only the hirer has a key. They cost £14 per night.
If our directions to Park Cliffe are followed, there is no problem. Please do not follow sat nav, as it routes you along some quite narrow back roads. If approaching from the north (from Bowness) you will have to go past our road end and turn round elsewhere, as it is a sharp, switch back turning.
We do not have a storage facility, but out of the main season you can leave your van unoccupied during the week for £7 per night, and just pay full price at the weekends, subject to availability. Maximum stay 2 weeks. We also offer a limited number of full seasonal pitches and for shorter stays have special monthly rates (not applicable June/July/August).
Bardsea Leisure, at Ulverston, is the closest and around 13 miles from the park. It has an extensive range of accessories.